Sunday, February 1, 2009

My dogs






So on January 28th, 2009, my two wonderful dogs, Kingston and Selassie turned the 11. They were born back in 1998, brother and sister, and I got them when I was 18. They have had such a great life. I moved out to San Diego when they were still puppies, so they got to live at the beach for a while. I took them hiking almost everyday until they were 6 or 7, and then still on lots of hikes. They got to see all of Utah. Camped hundreds of nights in the wilderness. Played in avalanches. Found skunks a fun adversary. Found out why porcupines are not food. So, they got to see lots. It doesn't seem like they are slowing down anytime soon either. Selassie, my female, used to be an avid rock scrambler and all-round bad ass bitch. Four or five years ago she had to have both of her knees replaced due to torn acl's. They did TPL surgery on both of her hind legs. Since then she has been a little more reserved, but still rough-houses with her big brother all the time. Kingston might be loosing his vision, but he's still okay.
I love them in amazing amounts, so I thought I'd write a quick blog about how cool they are.
Happy belated Birfdays guys!!!
Kingston is the big black boi.
Selassie is the lil black and white gyal.
Mash it up.

No comments: